Sunday, March 11, 2012

Make Your Own Pottery Barn Kids Decorations


I walked into Pottery Barn Kids a couple of weeks ago and saw this cute pennant banner hanging up on there store wall and fell completely in LOVE with it. I thought hey..., I could make this for my little lady's bedroom, so I did! Do you want to make one for your little lady's room? If so keep reading to learn how I made mine.
  •  The first thing I did was go over to one of my FAVORITE specialty scrapbook stores, Timeless Treasures and picked out some cute scrapbook paper that would coordinate well with my little lady's room. I picked out 4 different sheets of paper and I bought 3 sheets of each. 
  • I used a pennant pattern that I already had on hand and traced it  onto the paper. I was able to fit about 3 pennants on each piece. After I traced all of them I cutter  all of them out.
  • The next day, I punched holes with a hole puncher on each side of the pennants.
  • For the ribbon I bought mine at Michaels Craft store.  I used 6 yards of 1 1/2 inches thick of ribbon.
  •  I threaded them together in a pattern. While I was threading them I realized it needed more color to it  so I used the other side of the double sided paper to add more color. 
  • After I was done threading them together, I tacked them up onto her wall. 
If you want to add a little extra cuteness to it you could make some flowers to go at the end and at the curves of your banner. I made a total of 4 flowers for mine. This entire project costed me around 18 dollars! Not bad! Right?!?  If I were to buy something like this at Pottery Barn Kids it would have costed me an arm and a leg. LOL!!  Later on in the future, I would like to buy the cute words PB Kids have. I will hang them above the banner. They are so CUTE!!  I will probably end up making my own words, when Hobby Lobby opens up in our area in May. I cannot wait for May 11th!! I am going to be there like all the time. LOL! :)




Pin It




14 comments:

Colleen said...

Coming over from Stephanie Lynn's. Love this. You did such a cute job replicating it. I am a huge PBK fan so of course this caught my eye :)

Amy from Appetite for Discovery said...

Very cute! Love the colours. Also great for a garden party or afternoon tea!

cheryl @ nefotlak. said...

super cute room. love the bunting flags.
cheryl. xox.

The Kim Six Fix said...

Wow! I took almost the EXACT same photo that you took inside the PB store.. I was thinking the same thing.. how much I loved the bunting.

I even installed the board and batten in my girls' room.. so I am dying to make it too..

Thanks for the tips.. you are inspiring me.

Crafty Mischief said...

Darling! Your little girl's room looks like a picture right out of PB! Thanks for sharing! :)

Katie @ Made to be a Momma. said...

This is soo pretty! I hope to have a little girl someday and I would LOVE to make one of these for it! :) I would be thrilled if you shared this at my link party and if you like what you see maybe become a new follower?! Following you via LINKY
http://www.pincushioncreations.com/2012/03/homemade-by-you-4.html

A To Zebra Celebrations said...

This is so pretty!! you are creative!! you are welcome to link to my party on Tuesdays. It is still open :) ~nancy~

A To Zebra Celebrations said...

This is so pretty!! you are creative!! you are welcome to link to my party on Tuesdays. It is still open :) ~nancy~

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

Not only does your pennant banner look like it came straight out of PB for kids but so does your little girl's room. Simply adorable.

Maria said...

You did a great job on your banner! So cute! I love banners, they add a whimsical touch to any room!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Oooo those little flowers are SO cute! Great job! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

Katie said...

Beautiful banner, love the little flowers, thanks for sharing it on A Crafty Soiree.

Debbie {Visual Eye Candy} said...

Oh it looks so adorable. I love how it turned out.

Hani said...

I adore the prettiness in the room.. :)Thanks for linking up at friday fun party..