Monday, January 24, 2011

STAY TUNED :) Magnetic Picture Frame!!!






















After





BEFORE

What do you think I'm going to do with this old frame?????

To be continued...................
Do you want to make one of these for a special someone in your life or for you??? Well because I love you all I will tell you how I did it.
1st Step: Find an old frame that you have been thinking about throwing away. Or go to a thrift store.
2nd Step: Give it a face lift: Paint it your prefered color. White was the color I chose for my frame. Give the frame 3 coats of paint.
3rd Step: To give it a antique sand paper the frame after it has dryed.
4th Step: Go to LOWES and get yourself a 8*10 sheet of magnetic metal. Make sure to ask them for the stuff that's only a $1!! If you ask them to cut it down to 8*10 they will because they are so NICE!!!!
5th Step: Cover the sheet of medal with modge podge and place your pre-cut sheet of paper on it. Give it another coat after you have adhered it to the sheet of metal. Cut about a 1/4 of your other sheet of scrapbook paper and adhere it to the bottom. Cover it with modge podge again.
6th Step: Adhere down your ribbon with modge podge.
7th Step: Adhere your magnets with a hot glue gun to your jewels.
8th Step: Pick out some cute pictures to put on your frame. What's fun about this is you can change it up whenever your want. :)
I would like to give a big thanks to a very crafty lady for giving me this great idea!! Here is her blog address: http://www.Iheartnaptime.blogspot.com
Happy Crafting!!! :)

4 comments:

Tonic said...

How does the metal say in the frame? Did you glue it? Or is it supposed to fall out?

Unknown said...

It has prongs in the back of the frame that keeps it in place. :)

Unknown said...

I really like this projecct, cant wait to try it. If you get a chance check out my blog at www.newlifeovernight.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thank you for the kind comment Amanda!! :)